No prior experience or certification is required to enrol in any course because they are entry-level qualifications. However, certificate IV is a more advanced qualification than certificate III, that includes medication knowledge in Age Care, that enables you to administer medication.
Being a domestic RTO, Advance College does not enrol the students holding the primary international student visa. If you hold such visa and want to join as aged care and disability support worker, you can enroll on AIN Course. For further information please contact to our reception.
Yes, you can study both certificate III and certificate IV disability courses. If student don’t have driver's licence, you can still work. However, a driving licence is now a necessity for many facilities, thus we discourage those student enrolling in a course on disabilities if students do not have a driving licence.
The course we provide should be completed before one year of enrolment. Student can complete all three course components—theory, practical, and work placement as soon as they can.
Your enrolment will be cancelled if you extend the course beyond one year frame. However, you can extend the course before expiry date by paying extension course fee.
Students might be far from the college and can be difficult for them to attain all the classes physically. However, students should be physically available on First Aid and CPR class, Manual Handling, Medication (if you are enrolled in certificate IV or AIN).
Most of the units are basic that do not require any previous knowledge. You should be able to answer all the question by yourself using the learning guide, other resources. If you are unable to answer the certain question of certain units, the trainer/assessor will further explain you the contents and can help you to answer. We are always there to help but answers must be done by yourself.
All the courses have three components: theory, practical, and placement. If you complete the theory and attend classes, then you can start the work placement. The placement hour is 120 hours for certificate-level courses, with an additional 40 hours for distance students. If you can do these all, we don’t have any concerns to issue the certificate as soon as we can. But we don’t think you would be able to complete the course within one or two months. On average, most of the students finish the course within 4 to 6 months.
Unfortunately, there won’t be placement on weekend. However, some aged care can provide you evening shift placement. Feel free to contact to reception for details.
ETC college is totally responsible to manage placement and will try our best to manage placement near to your location.
Yes, student can manage placement by themselves on their desirable place. But you must allow us to establish relation with the facility and you need to fill the placement workbook.
You should give your availability time for placement, then college will arrange the placement. If your availability is low and irregular, you may need to wait longer for the placement to complete on your availability period.
Once you gave your availability, we will fix the placement and then you cannot cancel the placement. If you cancel without any genuine reason such as medical emergency, you must organise the placement by yourself. College is not responsible for re-organizing your placement or can charge extra fee for re-organizing.
Students need to inform the college as soon as possible either by email or phone to cancel/postpone the course. We can manage to postpone the course in certain circumstances without any extra charges.
Materials, placement, classes, and certificates are all included in the course fee. You are responsible for paying for any required police checks, working with children checks, and NDIS worker clearance checks for the course. You must pay additional fees if you want a printed theory booklet or to have the certificate via express post. You must additionally pay the course extension cost if you need to extend the course beyond the allotted one-year time frame.